Website Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ promotes, cares, and advocates for a vibrant and inclusive downtown where business thrives and people are drawn to work, live, shop, and explore. We host events throughout the year and work to beautify our downtown, improve cleanliness, safety, and help make it easier to get around. Our downtown is on Treaty No. 1 territory and the traditional homeland of the Métis Nation.
Are you passionate about urban design? Supporting a diverse community? Developing fun projects and finding innovative ways to create an impact? If so, the Project Coordinator role at the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is a great opportunity!
Our wide variety of projects focus on revitalizing and enhancing public spaces in our downtown. Many of these projects are done in collaboration with partner organizations and stakeholders and range from facilitating the design and construction of public spaces to temporary installations or activations. If we can dream it, we can try it!
Reporting to the Manager of Public Realm, the Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing public realm activations and enhancements. This role will also include stakeholder engagement, urban design, coordination of programming and events, advocacy, and asset management and maintenance.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented and analytical thinker, who can adapt easily as things change. This role is a great fit for a team player who can support strong stakeholder relationships and is passionate about our downtown.
· Work with a team to create initiatives to support the downtown community through our strategic plan.
· Refine on-going initiatives to achieve greater efficiency and impact.
· Prepare detailed project implementation plans including project budget, resources, schedule, and communication protocols.
· Collaborate and coordinate with internal departments and external stakeholders for project development and implementation.
· Prepare contract documents and agreements and submit for required reviews and approvals.
· Coordinate and lead project implementation.
· Track project progress – budget, resources, schedule, etc.
· Prepare internal and external project documents and reports.
· Gather feedback and data on initiatives.
· Manage project documents and files according to filing system.
· Provide support to the Public Realm Committee.
· Assist with funding proposals and applications.
· Post-secondary education in project management, landscape architecture, urban design, or a related field / equivalent experience.
· Minimum 2 years of experience coordinating place-based projects with internal and external stakeholders.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management and contract administration with a clear understanding of typical roles and responsibilities, risk management, and project controls.
· Knowledge of approval processes and procedures including municipal policies and approvals, as well as other jurisdictional considerations is considered an asset.
· Knowledge of design standards, accessibility standards, and environmental maintenance practices.
· Excellent communication skills, including written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to probe, analyze and problem solve issues.
· High level of initiative with demonstrated ability to be adaptable, resourceful, work effectively and independently.
· Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
· Solid computer skills with experience using MS Office, specifically Excel. Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, as well as SketchUp or Vectorworks is an asset.
· Ability to work outside standard work hours from time to time (during busy periods or events).
WORK ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE:
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ embodies a culture of collaboration and customer service. We have a diverse team who are encouraged to provide input and participate on committees to inform workplace values and influence the culture and environment. Working in the heart of downtown, we take time to enjoy the amenities and community around us; through participation in our own programs, staff celebrations, and the endless number of events located downtown. We offer a 35-hour work week and great benefits.
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the workplace. We strive for a team that reflects our downtown where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages, and perspectives are valued and drive a high standard of service and innovation. We encourage candidates to speak to this in their application.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES should submit their cover letter and resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title in the subject line.
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates have been selected.
Due to the nature of our business the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ requires that all its staff members are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In the event that you are hired by the BIZ, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated due to a valid medical or religious reason, you must establish your inability to be vaccinated prior to your start date.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis. This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com