Website Geller Enterprises Ltd.
We are expanding! Geller Enterprises Ltd. is an award winning design, build and maintenance landscape company completing both residential and commercial work. While we specialize in luxury, resort style residential outdoor spaces, we complete projects both large and small in both residential and commercial sectors. We are proud to be family owned and operated throughout our ownership and management group, creating a work environment that promotes the development of long term employees by offering continued education industry programs, company profit sharing, and a culture of growth. Geller’s is the largest residential focused landscape company in Manitoba employing a staff of over 70. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having fun at work is essential to running a successful business. We offer an exciting and motivating profit sharing system to boost your wage well beyond industry leading hourly rates. We are highly organized, efficient and goal orientated.
Our Project Manager | Site Supervisor (PM) will be responsible for a wide range of tasks within the daily operations of Gellers. This is a multi-faceted role and requires the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time. Office space is available at our commercial space, but this role does allow for work from a home office when not at an active job site. The PM will be responsible for managing projects once construction begins, seeing them through to final invoicing. This will include working within a team environment, building onsite client relationships, vendor relationships, and the day to day operations of both Geller’s staff and sub-contractors. The PM will also complete preparatory work such as preparing construction schedules, vendor and sub-contractor communication, client management, job site layout and planning, project review and detailed project execution. Hours will vary and tight deadlines must be met, but average weekly hour totals will amount to 50 hours within the building season, and reduce to 30 hours during the winter, with added flexibility. The Project Manager must be well versed, or willing and able to learn quickly, how to read and interpret our job site prints as well as Landscape Management Network (LMN). This is a full time, year round position. Time permitting, the Project Manager will assist other management positions to further revise and refine our procedures and processes within the winter seasons.
- A class 5 drivers license
- A minimum of 2 years of successful experience in a similar project management role
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working within the construction of high end residential landscape construction
- The ability to communicate effectively at a high level in English
- Extremely high level of organization and motivation
- Ability to understand landscape plans, carpentry blue prints, building plans, lot grading plans, etc.
- A university or college degree such as a Bachelors of Environmental Design, Project Management Designation, or Red Seal in Landscape Horticulture are not requirements but will be an asset in the application process
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Effectively manage, prepare and execute with your teams, liaise with clients and sub-trades, and work effectively as part of the Geller’s team
- Directly supervise Geller construction teams within the field
- Operate hand tools and equipment, when required, as required to execute a project or train staff on site
- Report to company president and operations manager on a weekly/daily basis
- Use cloud based management software to manage numerous project sites and clients
- Complete job costing using vendor and subtract invoices, as well as hour totals from Geller staff
- Mentor and train staff members in Gellers best practices
- Review work site progress and help ensure all key performance indicators are met
- Use LMN to track hours, job site progress, etc.
- Problem solve on a daily basis within all aspects of design and build projects
Compensation & Salary:
Compensation will range from $60,000 to $90,000/year based upon experience and skillset. In addition to a yearly salary, our PM will receive a yearly benefit package valued at over $25,000, comprised of the following benefits:
- Company vehicle and insurance
- Company fuel card
- Company laptop, tablet, and cellphone
- PPE allowance
- Tool allowance
- Licensing to all programs utilized by Gellers
- Paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule (work from home is strongly encouraged)
- Continued education programs through various industry resources
- RRSP matching program
- Full health benefit program including vision, dental, and life insurance
- Company travel and events such as premium Jets season tickets, travel conferences for continued education, etc.
- Bonus/Profit Sharing
Profit Sharing Bonus:
All staff employed at Gellers have access to profit sharing. This will be individualized based upon experience, skill set, and their roll at Gellers.
As a growing company this position allows for individuals with both a senior and junior level of experience to be successful. At Geller’s we hire based on the person, not necessarily the experience.
This job is open until filled. Please send resume to email@example.com.
We thank all individuals for applying, but only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org