Qualico Communities has been developing award winning neighborhoods and communities for over 60 years and we understand that integrity, quality, partnerships and giving back is important. A leader in real estate development, we put strong vision, planning and resources behind every project. We have designed, facilitated and built the highest-quality communities across Western Canada and in Austin TX working with local governments, builder contractors and residents. To learn more, click here.
At Qualico Communities, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program, and retail discounts.
Reporting to the Development Manager, as the Project Coordinator you will provide administrative assistance throughout the construction process and ensure the efficient flow of documentation and information between systems and departments. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Preparing permits, construction documentation, budgets, and technical plans to ensure compliance with project requirements and specifications.
- Managing Request for Quote (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI) and Submittals. Determining project and trade scopes and preparing Pre-Construction schedules.
- Coordinating the CCC/FAC process to obtain certificates. This includes tracking and efficiently obtaining certificates to meet project schedules.
- Liaising with related parties including external vendors, to provide information and project timeline updates when necessary.
- Monitoring day-to-day operations to ensure projects are carried out accordingly to standard processes and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with municipal staff and trades.
- Preparing documents and tendering contracts to trades, suppliers and consulting or engineering companies.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- Detailed oriented; you focus on detailed accuracy when dealing with a high volume of work.
- A team player; you contribute as a team member and share equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes.
- Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering, Landscaping, Planning or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in the land development industry.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and
- Staying current with technical job skills.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reason to come to work every day.
Closing Date: (standard is 2 weeks – around holidays may extend)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com