Website Urban Systems
About the Opportunity
Here at Urban Systems, we are a community of consultants, brought together by our shared
values, and a deep commitment to building vibrant communities. Our landscape architecture
team is seeking an experienced Landscape Architecture Consultant to join our growing
professional practice in Kelowna and re-establish a landscape architecture presence in the
With everything happening in the world around us, there is a noticeable shift in appreciation
for outdoor spaces among individuals and communities. As a result, we have an even greater
opportunity and responsibility to make a difference through the work we do every day and the
meaningful relationships we build with municipalities, developers, and Indigenous
In addition to the learning and project experience you will receive, do you see yourself excited
to contribute in the following ways?
• Communicating and collaborating with internal and external project teams across
• Lead projects and landscape architectural design within the framework of an
integrated team environment
• Build relationships with internal and external clients
• Bring an innovative and creative skillset to the design process inclusive of graphic
• Support and review conceptual and detailed design packages
• Identify risks and troubleshoot potential solutions
• Support project construction and the administration of construction contracts
• Advocating for the importance of the landscape architecture industry and assisting in
raising the profile of the practice
Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of Landscape
Architecture and possess a university degree in Landscape Architecture.
Does this list reflect your skills, strengths and abilities?
• Committed to ongoing personal and professional development with a proactive
approach to achieving these goals.
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Knowledge in design, detailing, grading, and construction specifications
• Experience using 3D modeling software (hand drawing skills are an asset)
• Ability to manage workloads of multiple projects while prioritizing deliverable
• Enthusiasm and ability to participate in a collaborative approach to design projects
• Passionate about landscape architecture, design, and visual communication
• Support and eventually lead landscape architecture projects within our integrated
• Ability to travel intermittently to support project work as necessary and collaborate
with team members across the organization
• Strong local market knowledge is an asset
• Registered in the province of British Columbia as a landscape architect
• A Class 5 BC Drivers license (Required for site visits)
At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community.
Since 1975, we have grown to more than 700 people with 18 offices across Canada. Every day,
our purpose-driven team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver
Our landscape architecture team across the company consists of 25 practitioners and spans
from British Columbia to Manitoba. Currently, we do not have a landscape architectural
practitioner in our Kelowna branch.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for opportunities to lead challenging initiatives in your community? Join a
diverse and supportive group of professionals at Urban Systems and take part in impactful
work building vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as a team
• Competitive Compensation. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended
health, dental, vision care coverage, and more. This position will have a salary range
of $85,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year based on a 40-hour work week. The range is
negotiable based on your skillset and experience.
• Paid Time Off. We encourage all team members to take time off to recharge and
spend time with loved ones. Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to
statutory days off throughout the year.
• Learn and Grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are
encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house
learning, technical courses, and more.
• Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix
creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You
will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important work for our clients
and their communities.
• Targeted Coaching and Mentorship. You will have a support network of landscape
architectural professionals throughout the organization that are committed to
supporting your career goals and setting you up for success.
• Flexible Hours & Work Environment. You have a life outside of work. We offer
flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work
and meet your commitments.
• Saving for the Future. To help you achieve your long-term retirement goals, we offer
a Long-Term Matching Program that matches your contributions to an RRSP or TFSA.
• Support through Transitions. You will be supported through life’s moments and
transitions, big or small, including generous top-up for parental leave.
• Beautiful Office. Do your best work in office spaces designed with your needs in
mind. Our Kelowna office resides in a historic building in the Cultural District of
Downtown and has its own unique personality and design.
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes please visit our website for more
information and submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio. If it doesn’t describe you
exactly but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for
all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity
and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 9:00 am PS
To apply for this job please visit urbansystems.ca.