Architecture49 is seeking a Landscape Architect to join our Ottawa office. This position will be responsible for the following
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Internal and external collaboration with Landscape Architects, Architects, Engineers and Planners;
- Develop creative technical solutions and prepare visually compelling graphic presentations;
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual design, design development and construction documents including details and specifications;
- Manage multiple projects, budgets and effectively meet deadlines
- Assist in the preparation of design briefs, cost estimates and technical reports;
- Manages client and stakeholder expectations, consultant coordination, and approvals.
- Ensure project deliverables comply with local standards and contract requirements;
- Assist with contract administration and site inspections.
- Professional Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as a Landscape Architect in Canada or equivalent;
- Fluent in both official languages;
- Member or Associate Member of OALA or eligibility for membership;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite is required;
- Knowledge with BIM360, Revit, Civil3D, Rhino, Sketchup and Bluebeam is an asset;
- Proven organization and time management skills; and
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
Why Choose Us?
Architecture49 is a growing firm with promising career opportunities for talented people. Our offices, situated from coast to coast across Canada, house a diverse and accomplished group of architects, interior designers, technologists, landscape architects, and support staff, and we are always looking for new people to enrich our team.
At A49, we foster friendly, open working environments where employees can thrive on congenial collaboration. We seek meaningful projects where we can build on our focused expertise and impact the communities in which we work. We strive to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. We recognize the quality, motivation and commitment of our employees and celebrate their achievements.
Our offices have strong regional legacies, yet we are also a forward-thinking national firm focused on creativity, initiative, quality, sustainability and social responsibility. That sense of social responsibility extends to our employees and our commitment to their well-being and success. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a share purchase program and RRSP matching program. We value work-life balance and support various fitness and social initiatives.
Professionally, we value our employees’ contributions and invest in their future, supporting continuous learning to help them develop their skills and expertise as they build and evolve their careers with us.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of A49. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
Architecture49 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Architecture49 is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit architecture49.com.