Qualico Communities has been developing award winning neighborhoods and communities for over 60 years and we understand that integrity, quality, partnerships and giving back is important. A leader in real estate development, we put strong vision, planning and resources behind every project. We have designed, facilitated and built the highest-quality communities across Western Canada and in Austin TX working with local governments, builder contractors and residents. To learn more, click here.
At Qualico Communities, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and retail discounts.
Reporting to the Vice President, as the Land Development Project Manager you will oversee all aspects of community development, including the application, approval and registration processes. You also ensure communities are developed to meet Qualico’s quality standards as well as within prescribed budgets and timelines. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Directing and managing planning activities and consultants. Coordinating with the Manager, Operations on development/construction projects relative to scopes, schedules and budgets.
- Preparing reports, forecasts and other related documents for planning purpose. Participating in evaluation of prospective land acquisitions, and determining usage opportunities and constraints.
- Administering application process to ensure required documents are completed in a timely manner. Advancing developmental approval with respective municipality and governing body.
- Contributing in the planning process and creation of concept plans for development process.
- Assisting the Land Development team while fostering positive relationships with colleagues and other external related parties.
- Representing Qualico Communities at public hearings, and acting as the point of contact for information requests to facilitate development acquisitions.
- Establishing and managing project expectations for budgets, cash flows and timelines.
- Staying current on industry standards and trends in the land development and housing industry.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- Detailed oriented; you focus on detailed accuracy when dealing with a high volume of work.
- A team player; you contribute as a team member and share equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes.
- A visionary; you see the ‘big picture’ and adjust work to reflect the complex network of forces at play.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Urban Planning or Project Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of project management related experience, preferably in the land development or land use planning industry in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Experience with budgeting, financial management and accounting.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check and driver’s abstract.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Continuously pursuing learning and growth.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
You primarily work in in an office setting during regular business hours. Travel to municipal and local sites within the province as well as working in the evenings and weekends will be required on a regular basis.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.
Closing Date: February 18, 2021
Apply at: Qualico.com/work-with-us
To apply for this job please visit www.qualico.com.