Website Geller Enterprises Ltd.
We are expanding! Geller Enterprises Ltd. is an award winning design, build and maintenance landscape company completing both residential and commercial work. While we specialize in luxury, resort style residential outdoor spaces, we complete projects both large and small in both residential and commercial sectors. We are proud to be family owned and operated throughout our ownership and management group, creating a work environment that promotes the development of long term employees by offering continued education industry programs, company profit sharing, and a culture of growth. Geller’s is the largest residential focused landscape company in Manitoba employing a staff of over 70. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having fun at work is essential to running a successful business. We offer an exciting and motivating profit sharing system to boost your wage well beyond industry leading hourly rates. We are highly organized, efficient and goal orientated.
Our Designer | Project Manager (DPM) will be responsible for a wide range of tasks within the daily operations of Gellers. This is a multi-faceted role and requires the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time. The DPM will be responsible for working within our design and sales team, from initial client contact through to a signed contract and prepared job folder. This will include initial client contact and consultation, creating landscape designs and estimates, presenting and selling landscapes to clients, estimating and creating detailed quotes and plans, and working directly with our production and install teams and sub-contractors. Hours will vary and tight deadlines must be met, but average weekly hour totals of 40 hours will be expected. The DPM must be well versed, or willing and able to learn quickly, how to read and interpret our software programs such as Vizterra and Landscape Management Network (LMN).
• A class 5 drivers license and a reliable vehicle
• A minimum of 2 years of successful experience in a similar design role
• The ability to communicate effectively at a high level in English
• A thorough understanding of the construction process as it relates to resort style landscapes in the province of Manitoba
• Extremely high level of organization and motivation
• Ability and creativity to design collaboratively on award winning landscapes
• Ability to understand landscape plans, carpentry blue prints, building plans, lot grading plans, etc.
• At a minimum, a Bachelor’s of Environment Design designation is required.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Work in a team setting to consult, design, revise, and estimate landscape projects, following through to build completion and job costing
• Work as a liaison between the design team and other departments to ensure project feasibility, profitability, and accurate timelines
• Communicate with clients, project managers, vendors, subcontractors, professionals and by-law offices over the phone or through email to successfully construct landscape projects
• Follow regimented processes to ensure projects are completed to a high level of detail
• Work towards Gellers sale targets while upselling services when practically feasible by Gellers schedule and clients budgets
• Design award winning landscapes that keep Gellers relevant within the industry, while also meeting clients proposed budget and needs
• Create accurate purchase orders in a timely manner to avoid material delays or unavailability
• Perform data collection on landscape sites to construct 3D models and to address potential site issues, constraints and opportunities.
• Problem solve on a daily basis when issues arise with clients or landscape projects
• Track project accounting during the construction process to ensure projects are on budget, and to improve future quoting for labor and materials
• Create and distribute construction job folders to project managers that accurately outline how to execute 3D designs.
Compensation & Salary:
Compensation will range from $50,000 to $75,000/year based upon experience and skillset. In addition to a yearly salary, our DPM will receive a yearly benefit package valued at over $20,000, comprised of the following benefits:
• Company laptop, tablet, and cellphone
• PPE allowance
• Tool allowance
• Licensing to all programs utilized by Gellers
• Paid vacation
• Flexible work schedule (work from home is strongly encouraged)
• Continued education programs through various industry resources
• RRSP matching program
• Full health benefit program including vision, dental, and life insurance
• Company travel and events such as premium Jets season tickets, travel conferences for continued education, etc.
• Bonus/Profit Sharing
Profit Sharing Bonus:
All staff of Gellers have access to profit sharing. This will be individualized based upon experience, skill set, and roll within the company.
As a growing company this position allows for individuals with both a senior and junior level of experience to be successful. At Geller’s we hire based on the person, not necessarily the experience.
This job is open until filled. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all individuals for applying, but only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com