Website L M Architectural Group
LM Architectural Group and Environmental Space Planning consider our most valuable asset to be our staff. With a richly diverse group of passionate people, the quality of our staff, our service to Clients and our work has been recognized, over the years, with many major Canadian design awards from the Prairie Design Awards through to the Governor General of Canada’s Medal in Architecture. Our offices are centrally located in a restored former warehouse building in the heart of the historic Exchange District in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our staff can easily walk, cycle, run or bus to work, with proximity and access to active transportation close at hand. Our strategic expansion requires the addition of career oriented, highly motivated individuals seeking an opportunity for advancement within our organization.
Contract Administrator Position: We are currently seeking an Intermediate to Senior Contract Administrator who would be responsible for providing architectural construction services for projects ranging from $2M to over $50M. This position requires an experienced professional or technologist, with a strong background in building technology, building materials and methods, construction document preparation, and construction law. Principal coordinator for all architectural functions and principal administrator for all Consultant functions from bidding through to completion of construction on projects of moderate to complex scope. Represents the Firm with the Client, the General Contractor, Consultants and Authorities having Jurisdiction during the Construction Phase. The Contract Administrator reports to the Partner in Charge and works collaboratively with the Project Interior Designer or Project Architect, and coordinates with the Job Captain to ensure the accurate and professional execution of the construction documents into the completed construction project. Works under minimum supervision.
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- Certified Architectural Technologist (CT Arch), Certified Engineering Technologist (CET), or Certified Construction Contract Administrator and/or Registered Architect, or any combination of equivalent training, experience, and/or education.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in either an architectural or construction firm
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in the use of computer for word processing (specifically Word and Excel software) and CAD/BIM applications.
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures within an architectural/interior design professional practice.
- Understanding of the management of architectural and interiors projects.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures for the production of construction documents.
- Thorough knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and standards, and experience in dealing with Authorities having Jurisdiction.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants.
- Through knowledge of contract coordination and various construction processes.
- Thorough knowledge of infection control standards and requirements for Hospital and Health Care Facility Construction.
- Knowledge of construction law, Lien’s Act in applicable jurisdiction, and workplace safety requirements.
- Knowledge of Sustainable Design requirements (LEED, Green Globes, Passive House, WELL, or Net-Zero etc..) pertaining to new and renovation construction.
To apply for this job email your details to kkreftsun@NumberTEN.com